Friday, December 28, 2012

So, today I received a late Christmas present in the mail. Hall Ironworks ordered a Hofi style hammer for me! I ripped open the package, wondering what could be in this heavy box. I'm sure I resembled a little girl on Christmas morning, but I really couldn't help myself. Up until this time, my oldest brother, Garrett, had lent me his Hofi style hammer to use. (It is a much more ergonomically designed hammer, designed to keep you hammering longer, in case you were wondering what the heck a "Hofi-style hammer" was) When I wasn't using his hammer, I would dig around my step-dads huge, circular rack of hammers and find one to use. Now I have my own. Let me put this into perspective for you. Getting my first hammer is like getting your first bike or your first musical instrument.  It is symbolic for a milestone or stepping stone in your progress towards not only self discipline, but as an artisan (and by no means am I to that point yet).

I hope everyone had a great holiday, and has their New Years resolutions or plans set out. I've already got mine set; it's time to beat some metal.

No comments:

Post a Comment